Sorry I haven’t been around much, but I actually spent these few last days at my mom who lives at the country side where there is barely to no internet connection! I love living in the city centre but now and then it really does good to disconnect and spent a few quite days far away from the hustle and bustle!
My moms house is surrounded by a dry Mediterranean landscape full with almond, lemon and fig trees. So for this week’s post I was inspired by the beautiful almond trees and came up with the, honestly, simplest cake you will probably ever see! I did photograph every detailed step, just in case… but seriously, 3 ingredients and 5 steps is all it takes!
Optional 2 toppings; you can replace the almond butter for lemon curt for example.
1. Whisk egg yolks and sugar together until creamy.
2. Add the almonds to the cream. Whip egg whites until foamy.
3. Fold in the egg whites all at once. Pour filling into greased pie shell.
4. Bake at 180 ° for 30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
5. Smear the cake with almond cream and sprinkle the coconut on top.
Now eat all up!
Despite being such a simple and humble cake, everybody enjoys its simple, light and yummy taste that goes along perfectly with tea! So, what do you do to disconnect?
x Josune, Your Beauty Script ❤