LA NEIGE : Lip Sleeping Mask 20ml €13
- I have concluded Koreans are very good at selling us something we actually don’t really need (lip tattoos anyone?), this, is kinda one of them…. Despite of all the ravings you will find online, I have to say it fell short of its promises. Having this said, I do love having it on my nightstand as it does make for a nice pamper kind of product.
This is what it promises (as taken from the website):
- Vitamin C-rich Berry Mix ComplexTM, containing raspberry, strawberry, cranberry, blueberry extracts erases dry, flaky dead skin on the lips during the night to realize smooth and supple lips the next morning.
- 1. Berry Mix Complex™ : Berry extracts rich in vitamin C and anti-oxidants act on dry, rough lips, making them smooth and supple.
- 2. MOISTURE WRAP™ : Hyaluronic acid mineral network forms a moisturizing film to help lock-in active ingredients and the skin to absorb and retain moisture through the night.
This is how it works:
- It’s so easy; all you do is before you go to sleep, swoop a good amount of the balm with the tiny spatula (very handy!) and go to sleep. When you wake up just remove any product that might still be on your lips with a cotton before you wash you face (I have never had any left on my lips though). What it is suppose to do is smooth the stress from using frequent lip makeup and provide moisture to damaged lips by melting away dead & dry skin overnight. They recommend to apply it twice a week but I use this on a daily basis at AM and PM.
My thoughts on it:
- I sleep in an air-conditioned room so I do feel that when I wake up, my lips feel extremely DRY, this product helps to make them feel (very) slightly more plumped, soft and the tone of my lips looks slightly more improved. ( So basically, your can get similar results with other heavy lip balms like the Carmex one.)
- It feels very smooth and pleasant, has a very fruity sweet smell but it will faint once you have it on your lips.
- Here in Asia I think the price is reasonable, I payed 12,5 euros for 20gr, which will go a long way, so for this price I might repurchase. But if you buy it overseas at a 20 euros price point, as I’ve seen online, I would not recommend you to buy it.
GEHWOL Foot Balm 75ml €8
- I was very surprised to see that feelunique, Nordstorm and other mayor online retailers carry this brand. As far as my childhood memory goes, I remember always having products of this German brand in my house. My mother would prepare foot baths with its food bath powders, and bring their refreshing foot crème along on our family road trips.
- I picked up this balm in my trip to Belgium, and was so happy to introduce it back in my routine. Honestly, every single product of this brand is just perfect. It does exactly what it promises and the experience and results are what you expect from any high end foot spa treatment.
- The one I have laying around now, is the foot balm with “Cooling menthol, jojoba oil, aloe vera and essential oils from rosemary and lavender” that feels refreshing and revitalizing after a long day out, it absorbs quickly but leaves my feet perfectly moisturized with pleasantly soft cooling effect.
- I honestly cant say anything bad about this foot care company, the price is amazing for its quality. All I can say is you try it out for yourself 😉 .
KAO: Steam Eye Mask : 5 pcs € 7
- I wrote a whole post about the importance of napping and featured these steam eye masks in that post, you can read all about it following this LINK .
- They are amazing and so innovating, so I highly suggest you to go have a quick read 😉 .
MUJI Bed Aroma Spray €8
- I believe in the power of aromatherapy. So a relaxing room fragrance, or better yet, pillow spray infused with lavender and eucalyptus can instantly put you into a relaxed mode and right to sleep.
- I like Muji’s refill package, it is really light scented and does not overwhelm my senses at night. I just use a diffuser to spritz it all over my bed sheets right before I head the sheets.
- I can not find this product on their online store, so I put a link of a very similar natural product you can get at Iherb.com although its very easy to do so yourself by adding a few drops of essential oils (25+25) , alcohol and water (50/50).
What do you keep on your bed night stand?
x Josune, Your Beauty Script